Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September Currently...


I can't wait to hear the First Lady speak.  I feel like she is a great speaker, and a good role model for all girls.

It's only the third full week of school, but I am pleased as punch that it's already 1 down, 3 to go.

Next week, I will be conducting my second teacher training for my job as technology integration teacher.  In the previous session we covered classroom management in rooms filled with technology.  This time, I think I'm going to cover inquiry-based learning.  I would really love any suggestions!

Who is with me on this weather thing?  SW Missouri has been a firey inferno of awful.  Granted, on the days that it rained from Hurricane Isaac we went out of town, to dry old OKC.  I'm looking forward to the weekend forecast, two days in the 70s will heal this heart.

Anyone else running out of time before running out of tasks?  If you're not, any good time management tips??

I'm eagerly awaiting the Apple news conference next week, hoping for the launch of the new iPhone, I always upgrade as soon as new stuff comes out.  SUPER BAD HABIT!  Another bad habit?  Pinterest. Bad in a good way though.  I spend my entire life too much time seeking out pictures of awesome stuff.  I feel like I've become a better teacher thanks to this great site.  Books, what teacher doesn't love books?  Currently, I'm in the midst of reading 5 different books.  Perhaps that's why I'm not getting any of them done.  That and Pinterest. :-/

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you that there's not enough time in the day! Our pastor just spoke about that in church, and I'm working so hard at making better use of my time!

    Love your blog - first time visiting. And I love my iPhone too!

    Dallas
    nerdynerdynerdy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you through Farley!!! I am so with you on Pinterest. That and TPT have saved or cut-i-fied many a lesson these past 2 years! And I know it's not 100 degrees here in VA, but I'm super ready for fall!!! Good luck with your technology session!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new follower! Thanks for donating to Rockin Teacher Materials giveaway! ellen.yucht@imagineschools.com

    ReplyDelete