Monday, September 3, 2012

Back at it?

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything in over a month.  Sorry to all my fans (ha!).  What a crazy month it has been.  I've had flipped classroom meetings, technology integrations meetings, mentor meetings, school-wide retreat, PBIS meetings, my best friend's wedding reception, our 1st annual neighborhood block party, the list goes on and on!  On top of it all, I had a classroom to prepare ad kiddos to plan for.  Rather than dwelling on all the requirements, I'm going to focus on showing off my space as part of Swimming Into Second's Linky Party.


We were able to get back into our school on August 2, my classroom was a total disaster area.  I had packed up all of my stuff, in a very precarious way--obviously.  So that the floors could be waxed.


It became progressively worse...



Until finally, the day of Open House, I shoved the last of my things away in my cabinets and put on my happy face.  Here is the "final" product.


Welcome to Room 504!

I did an Americana/Election-ish theme, kind of.

A peek in from the door.

On the right side of this picture is my Science/Social Studies featured reads shelf.  I bought it at the school auction, needless to say my custodian wasn't happy to see it, but I LOVE it.  It's double sided, once side will feature books for my current social studies unit, the other will have current science unit books.

Over view of the classroom.

Storage areas, the blue cabinets have my teacher books.  The white cabinets have supplies and textbooks that I don't use.  The wheely carts have math supplies, and games.  You can also see my clip chart, and my lunch check in.


Left side of the room.  The white cart is my iPod lab.  The orange board is my Math Focus Wall.  
Then on my white board, I have my Learning Targets.  You can pick those up at my TPT store.

Right side of the room.  My writing process pocket chart (the pencil) will have reference materials in it that students can use throughout the writing process.  The white bulletin board is focused on writing.

Library and reading area.  The big bulletin board (actually a piece of insulating foam from Lowe's for $12!!) is my reading focus board.  Brought the couch out from storage.  Love that thing.


Teacher area with small group table.  I finally got them to take out my useless desk.

I have 21 precious 5th graders who have filled my classroom with laughter and learning for the past three weeks.  More to come on that soon.  Hope you've enjoyed the tour!

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment