Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Award Nomination!


I'm currently in Texas babysitting my nephews (Wy is almost 4 and Z is 1 and a half).  They are a handful,  but it has been fun.  I was going to try and post another Made It Monday, but it just didn't happen.  However, I will share that at the Pinterest party on Saturday I prepared welcome bags like these:

I'll be sure to share the result when I get back to Missouri.

Anyway, I checked my email this evening, and was surprised to see a comment from Read and Black and Learning All Over saying that she had nominated me for



First of all, I must say I'm super excited to know that people have actually read my blog.  Secondly, I feel like this means that I might actually have people who are interested in seeing future posts as well- SCORE!  So, without further adieu here are the seven rules for this award:

1. Thank the blogger who nominated you!
2. Include a link to their site.  -- See above
3. Include the award image in your post. -- Ditto
4. Give 7 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.
6. When nominating, include a link to their site.
7. Let other bloggers know they've been nominated.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.  Thank you VERY much for nominating me Heather, and spreading the word about my blog.  I hope that it is indeed worthy. :-)
3. See above :-)
4.
--I have a degree in middle school education and never intended to teach elementary school- EVER!  Luckily I have enjoyed nearly every second of all of the teaching experiences I've had over the past 6 years.
--I can't ask or be asked a question, even mostly rhetorical, without having an impossible to resist impulse to try and find the answer on my iPhone.
--Speaking of iPhone, I am severely addicted to Apple products.  Even though I have an iPhone, MacBook, iPad, and iMac, I am still looking forward to the rumored iPad Mini supposedly coming out in the fall.
--I have a brother that is going to be in the same grade that I teach this year.  While I work in a different district than the one he attends, it's still weird to think that the little baby that was born when I was 19 is the same age as all these wild children I have in my classroom.
--The BF and I really don't have a desire to have children of our own (sorry mom).  Maybe this will change, but babysitting the nephews this week really reminds me how nice it is when you can "return" kids after having them for awhile.
--Another addiction confession: TETRIS. I play WAY too much for my own good.  I love http://www.freetetris.org/game.php.
--I went to The Container Store for the first time yesterday-- OMG heaven.
5. Wow this is a lot of blogs to nominate!  Here are just a few of the blogs that I read, and thought I should share (though I'm sure many of them are well known and have received this award before--numerous times).  I also tried to link to ones that aren't mostly people trying to sell stuff from their TpT store (though I do love the heads up on great products!)

A Teeny Tiny Teacher  

   Clutter-Free ClassroomAshleigh's Education Journey

The Resourceful Teacher BlogThe OC Blog Button

Classroom DIY
Hopkins' Hoppin' Happenings 3rd Grade Thoughts
Photobucket






Thanks again to those who have read my blog.  I hope to have some really great stuff to share in the near future.  I've been reading a book classroom flipping, and I've been buying stuff to support my first semester theme (election/patriotic).  Until next time..

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment