Sunday, July 22, 2012

MIA, I know... Exciting News!

Sorry that I've been away, I know that I have so many faithful followers who cry every time they login and I don't have a new blog... NOT.  Sorry, I had a 90s child moment just then.  Anyway, things have been moving swiftly the last two weeks.  We are a mere 21 days from going back to school and I have so much on my plate.  


First, I found out that I will be receiving a lab of iPod touches to help provide an equitable technology environment for my students as I flip my class this year. It will look a little something like this:

I've been working hard to decide which lessons will be the most beneficial to flip.  I recently completed the Flipped Classroom Pathway on the website Sophia.org.  I created this tutorial to practice my skills.  (If you take the time to watch it, be prepared- there is a speaking error AND I know it).


I'm really excited about this flipping thing.  I read Flip Your Classroom: Reach Every Student in Every Class Every Day.  It was an honest look at using technology to reach your students.  I really enjoyed it, and suggest it to anyone who is curious about the concept.  I hope that I do a good job implementing it and that I can encourage others in my district and out there (yes, I mean you!) to use the model.

Second, I found out that I will be a facilitator for our technology in the classroom program.  It is called eTEC (that stands for Eagles Thinking, Educating, and Communicating).  I will have a cohort of 5 teachers that I will be training to use technology in their classrooms.  It's a 50 hour a year training commitment for them, and about double that for me, but I am thrilled to have this opportunity. My biggest fear about having technology in my classroom is that I will fall behind in the ever-changing world, but now that I have this opportunity, it's even more of a reason to stay relevant and current.  I like that the program is developed by our district.  The program I went through was prescribed, and we didn't have much flexibility in what kinds of training we wanted, so it wasn't always timely.  I can be as timely as the teachers need in this program.  So excited!

Anyway, I will try and post my Made It Monday that I promised last time I posted (welcome bags).  Just wanted to share my exciting news!  Until next time...

~Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment